POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : RIB exporter results. : Re: RIB exporter results. Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:31:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RIB exporter results.
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 1 Feb 2000 23:28:29
Message: <3897B2FA.5CEF71CD@mninter.net>
AFAIK, you need to set path = youshaderdirectoryhere or add this line of code
to the RIB file:
Option "searchpath" "shader" ["youshaderdirectoryhere"]
the setting the path thing is the best idea, IMO.

"Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:

> its quite nice to see there is very little differemce in these two renders,
> kinda shows the quality of povray.

Well, depends on what you mean by quality. POV-Ray doesn't have programmable
shaders...I'd rather dare you to compare the quality of the two when that is
taken into consideration. The shadows are a bit weird, as they don't seem to be
in the renderman standard(and the usual arealight trick doesn't seem to work
too well in renderman). But then, neither could you do something like
windowhighlight.sl- try cutting that from this
site(http://www.renderman.org/RMR/Shaders/RCShaders/index.html), compiling it,
then applying it to an object. Its pretty impressive. Or use windowlight
instead of a standard povray light(just change the name in the RIB file).